Existing Mac OS installation vs. fresh install

Ulrich Plate mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:11:17 +0900

--=.2_dV_WBMa.xF)i

Hello,

Gentoo PPC with a 2.4.20 kernel and MoL 0.9.65 running on a beige G3 266
Mhz and 96 MB memory here. Linux is installed on a SCSI drive, MoL grabs
its ROM from the original Mac OS 9.1 installation on the IDE disk and
boots just fine, both in fullscreen mode and inside X windows.

Reluctant to ask a FAQ in my first post to this list, I've downloaded
the entire archive into my mail client and have been scrolling up and
down ever since, but besides recurring advice to install Mac OS inside
MOL rather than booting into an existing installation, I cannot seem to
find anything on *why* you would recommend that? I'm ready to do it if
there are any compelling reasons, but I'd be really grateful for some
explanations.

Thanks a lot, cheers
Ulrich Plate

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key CF7D6206
Fingerprint CDD6 3225 3489 1305 D4D6 1CCF 50E8 6505 CF7D 6206

--=.2_dV_WBMa.xF)i

--=.2_dV_WBMa.xF)i--