MacOSX installer finds no volumes under MOL

Christian Jaeger mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:51:24 +0100

At 8:17 Uhr -0500 17.01.2003, Michael H. Martel wrote:
>Hello!
>
>Possibly related ?  I just tried to install MOL from the BK
>Repository on an OLD World machine.  I created an image file just
>fine (Done this before) and started from the 8.6 CD.
>
>When I run the Installer it can't find a Valid Destination drive,
>even though the Drive is mounted on the dekstop and usable.
>
>I did this on an iMac at home and it worked fine, but that was about
>3 months ago and it was an earlier version of MOL.

We had some such problem with an older jaguar installer CD. Not even
booting natively would show any disk, not even the disk helper tool
which is offered from the installer menu bar did show any disk!
Strange. We have then used another (the newest?) OSX10.2 installer cd
and although it still didn't show the disk at first, the disk helper
tool did now show it and reformatting the (already formatted from a
available to the installer.

Dunno if it's because I installed linux (debian) and for this purpose
deleted one of the two hfs+ partitions (not the macosx system
partition though). Anyways, it wasn't MOL related.

(This is a Pismo)

Cheers
Christian