MacOSX installer finds no volumes under MOL

Michael H. Martel mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:17:14 -0500

--On Wednesday, January 15, 2003 2:31 PM +0100 Samuel Rydh
<samuel@ibrium.se> wrote:

Hello!

Possibly related ?  I just tried to install MOL from the BK Repository on
an OLD World machine.  I created an image file just fine (Done this before)
and started from the 8.6 CD.

When I run the Installer it can't find a Valid Destination drive, even
though the Drive is mounted on the dekstop and usable.

I did this on an iMac at home and it worked fine, but that was about 3
months ago and it was an earlier version of MOL.

Thoughts ?

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:10:14AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> When I try to install a package in MacOSX running under MOL the
>> installer never finds any volumes.  Does MOL actually support this?
>> I'm running the latest version from BK.
>
> I have observed this behavior some time ago when I tried to install
> an OSX update by double-clicking the package rather than using
> the Apple Software Updater (using the updater worked btw). I haven't
> had any trouble with packages since then though (and I have
> installed quite a few). I guess it might be related to the fact
> that the MOL block driver does not provide an icon (yet). Which
> software did you try to install?

Michael

--

   Michael H. Martel              | Systems Administrator