Old World booting on New World Mac

Dara Hazeghi mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:23:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

> The result is that MOL hangs if a sound is played
> using the built-in driver. Usually, it is the
> 'The computer was not shut down properly' dialog
> that
> beeps. A workaround is muting sound (or selecting
> the MolAudio device in MacOS). It is also a good
> idea
> to disable the improper shutdown warning.
>
> In any case, if you check the startup disks with
> Apple's disk utility before booting, then things
> ought
> to work.

Hmm... Well, when I set the only block device to
/dev/cdrom, and turn sound off in molrc.macos, I still
get the same hang. When I try to boot under another
MOL installation, and then use the actual installer, I
get "This Program does not run on this computer
model." This is after setting processor to 604. I
can't really install the MOL audio extension, since
the boot device is actually a CD. Thanks,

Dara

P.S. About the ethernet in OS 8.1, is there any easy
way to find out what's going on? It seems that
ethernet requests actually hang the OS (when using TUN...