PPC Emulator, is this real?!?!

Randy Hall mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:19:34 -0400

My understanding with cpu emulation of any kind is that to get decent
performance you need to map all the registers of the emulated CPU into the
host CPU.  The PPC has more registers than the x86 can handle.  This is why
the PPC can emulate a x86 but not the other way around.

-----Original Message-----
From: mol-general-admin@lists.maconlinux.org
[mailto:mol-general-admin@lists.maconlinux.org]On Behalf Of Fredrik
Andersson
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 5:05 PM
To: mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Subject: Re: PPC Emulator, is this real?!?!

This emulator don't even emulate an MMU (I didn't find any indications
on that anyway.),
also. I wouldn't expect this to even be playable, demos might run
quick. just like there's playstation 2 emulators who can run some demos
with a decent framerate, but real games are way more complex. besides
the Gekko has special vector and graphics extensions which will be very
heavy to emulate.

/Fredrik.