Mac OS X 10.3 Panther Support

Dominik mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:46:22 -0500

Nope, no strangeness in your question :).  As of the current stable
release I believe 10.2 was the highest, but 10.3 works with the .69
branch of MOL.  I'm running Gentoo, and have been for a long time now on
my iBook dual USB (G3 600mhz, 640mb ram).  Not too familiar with YDL and
I'm mostly a compile-from-source kinda guy (thus the use of Gentoo,
thank god for Gentoo! :)).  I actually have Panther in an image file I
created on my hard disk, so no partitions nor am I able to boot into
Panther alone.  I believe what you are referring to is the firmware
upgrade that comes with Panther which changes how things boot (making
Linux unbootable).  However, there are workarounds available like you
stated.  Anyway, good luck if you go YDL, and if you try Gentoo check
out the forums off the website they are very helpful!

Dominik