mol networking on OS X

Mike 'Lew' Lamar mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:38:00 -0800

I have recently installed YDL 3.0 with mol-0.9.68-1b and the
networking in and out
of the mol session does not work very well.  In /etc/mol/mol.net I have only
netdev: eth0 -sheep
configured for my network settings.  I tried using the TUN driver
too, but it didn't matter.
I did some testing for a few different programs to network in and out
of the mol session.
By the way all of these work when going between another Mac OS X
computer and the
YDL computer, without mol, so I know that the network is functioning
on my YDL machine.

ping: I can ping the mol session from any computer, and I can ping
any computer from mol.
	When I ping mol from YDL or vice-versa, I get duplicate
packets, such as:
[lew@lola mol]$ ping arti
PING arti (192.168.1.14) from 192.168.1.15 : 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from arti (192.168.1.14): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.434 ms
64 bytes from arti (192.168.1.14): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=1.90 ms (DUP!)

ftp: from YDL to mol, I can login, but the dir command just hangs
	from mol to YDL, I can login & get a dir, but can't copy files

ssh: does not work in any way between the mol session and any other machine

http: does not work in any way between the mol session and any other machine

AppleTalk: from mol to YDL - I can login, but copying files hangs
	from mol to another OSX computer - name shows up, but can't connect
	from another OSX computer to mol, name shows up, can't connect

Maybe these things are fixed in the new version, which I tried to
build, but I do not
have a /usr/src/linux directory so configure failed on checking kernel source.
--
Mike 'Lew' Lamar - Web Designer & Programmer
http://www.abbaroo.com/