MOL acceleration for 10.3 implemented

Gaspar H.Heller mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 02:13:32 -0500

So you're saying that it doesn't count on the distro but the MOL build?
If that's the case then I'll just get the latest MOL and I should be
alright.
On Mar 6, 2004, at 11:57 PM, Dominik wrote:

> The issue isn't what distribution you are running, but if you are
> running the latest MOL release.  The older releases did not support
> acceleration in 10.3, thus the email from Samuel ;) -- btw thanks for
> giving this to the community, once again!  If you're at all familiar
> with linux, I'd go with Gentoo, personally.  I'm running it on my iBook
> and I *love* it.  It brings new life into a 600mhz notebook.
>
> Dominik
> On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 19:09, Gaspar Heller wrote:
>> So... With this patch will MOL running under YellowDogLinux run
>> Panther/10.3? I'll be getting a PB G4 12" w/Superdrive soon (don't
>> know yet
>> if I''ll get it from YDL's site with everything preconfigured or if
>> I'll do
>> it myself)? If not under what distros does this allow 10.3 to run
>> within
>> MOL? The last time I read YDL's site regarding this (which was just
>> yesterday [Friday]) it only had 10.2/Jaguar listed as supported. If
>> it works
>> under YDL then that would be awesome.
>>

>>> From: Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se>
>>> To: mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
>>> Subject: MOL acceleration for 10.3 implemented
>>> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:28:35 +0100
>>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have finally fixed the acceleration stuff for Mac OS 10.3. A quick
>>> benchmarking
>>> indicates that this reduces the overhead due to MOL with about 70
>>> percent
>>> (possible even more).
>>>
>>> The acceleration support is not in MOL proper but rather in the OSX
>>> driver
>>> archive and in the bootx loader (so don't forget the 'make libimport'
>>> step).
>>>
>>> If the acceleration code kicks in then one should see the line
>>>
>>> 	'MOL acceleration for 10.3'
>>>
>>> in the logfile.
>>>
>>> /Samuel

Ano onara wa guuzen dattanndarouga, hito o odorokaseruniwa ichiban no
ninja dana.

Translation: That fart must have been a coincidence but he IS the
number one ninja in surprising people. -- Kakashi from the anime Naruto

Contacts:

E-mail: gheller@hellermedia.com, brit_spears_fan@hotmail.com,
borninbrklyn@aol.com (soon to be discontinued)

AOL Instant Messanger: Borninbrklyn, Miyamoto2k3

MSN Messanger: brit_spears_fan@hotmail.com

Direct Connect: [AN]PiBO2k3, PiBO2k3
Direct Connect Hub: dchub://darwinanime.no-ip.com:1984
Anime Nation.net Forums: [AN]PiBO2k3

Appleinsider Forums: Proud iBook Owner 2k2

Sailor Moon Uncensored Forums: Miyamoto

Anime Scores Forums: AMiyamotoFan