mol-0.9.70 released

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:48:15 +0100

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 05:03:14PM +0100, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Samuel Rydh writes:
>
> > MOL 0.9.70 is (finally) released. A couple of minor problems have been
> > corrected compared to the release candidate.
>
> Good to hear this.  The new version works very well here, so I have
> updated the packages in Debian/unstable.  Thanks for the excellent
> work.
>
> In order to get version numbers in sync, I also rebuilt from source
> the Debian package mol-drivers-linux, which contains only drivers/of.
> I found that the current version from mol.bkbits.net/of-mol wouldn't
> build since it relies on obsolete header files in the main source
> tree, so I just pulled the obvious bugfixes into the old headers, and
> the result seems to work fine.  But where do I find the current source
> for drivers/of?  And don't tell me to just use the binary, this is
> Debian, we have our own rules :)

Well, no change has got into of-mol so I haven't rebuilt it. That is,
you have to build it against an old MOL version. (Well, guess
I could fix the build problem right away...)

I'm intending to replace the current of-mol implementation with a
complete OpenFirmware implementation eventually (OpenBIOS).

/Samuel