MOL versions (WAS: Sound)

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:07:07 MST 2005

On 12/12/05, Per Christian Henden <perchrh+mol at pvv.org> wrote:
> On Monday 12 December 2005 22:07, Joseph Jezak wrote:
> > > I strongly agree on the patch... I'm assuming this is the patch that
> > > increases MOL's "niceness" to zero. It was an absolute must after I
> > > upgraded to Breezy. MOL still worked but it was painfully slow on
> > > everything... now after patching and recompiling it's back up to its
> > > former (almost native) speed. I pointed the Ubuntu MOL maintainer to
> > > that patch so I presume it should be in the Dapper release.
> >
> > If you could point the Ubuntu MOL maintainer to the 0.9.71_pre6 release,
> > I would really appreciate it.  It would be nice to have more distros
> > besides Gentoo shipping MOL with a recent patchset (including Tiger
> > support for instance.)
> Wouldn't a 0.9.72 release make distros use that version instead of the 0.9.71
> one?
> Release early, release often, now there's a year since last time :)

Please forgive me for not keeping up with this, but it seems like
there may be several forks out there, maybe all of them with some good
elements. Since the sudden death of one of the primary maintainers
this past summer I have inferred that some good folks have picked up
the slack, and I appreciate it!

Is there a single location (most) people agree contains the latest
version? If so that would probably be the best place to point the
Gentoo AND Ubuntu folks.