Anyone able to build Joe's mol-0.9.71_pre6 on ubuntu?

Bin Zhang yangtze31 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 08:49:16 MST 2005

On 12/29/05, Rob Frohne <frohro at wwc.edu> wrote:

> Hi Bin,
>
> I'm rather new to the Linux world.  What other problems is building a
> kernel from kernel.org likely to cause?

No others problem.
But if you don't know how yaboot works, maybe you will not be able to
booting your new kernel !!!!!!

> I have been pretty pleased with
> the way ubuntu works out of the box.
>
> Why is building a new kernel likely to help me with this issue?

I don't know. I use debian unstable.
I think ubuntu's kernel patch is the problem.

> Isn't
> that kind of like reinstalling in Windows, something you do when you
> don't know what is messed up, and can't seem to fix it except by
> starting over?

No.
ubuntu/debian kernel = vanilla kernel + modifications

I don't know these modifications, so if I can't build mol using
ubuntu/debian kernel, I try vanilla kernel.

regards,
Bin