Help getting MOL working fully on a 7300 with YDL3.0

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Tue Feb 22 00:58:56 MST 2005

I'm using yellowdog-3.0 on a 7300, and I'd like to get MOL fully working.
I've used the rom image from my 7300 and I'm using the 8300 ofw tree, along
with my hfs partition.  My goal is to boot my MacOS 8 install under linux.

I'm using the vnc video driver at 640x480x32.  I get a happy mac, followed
by Welcome to Mac OS dialog.  After that, MOL hangs (and stops sending vnc
updates).  Any further X expose events on vncviewer show as white.

I'm using the mol-0.9.68-1b rpm, and kernel 2.4.20-8d.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?
--
Here's a simple experiment. Stand on a train track between two locomotives
which are pushing on you with equal force in opposite directions. You will