Mac-on-Linux?

Joshua Wehner josh.wehner at ultratec.com
Fri Feb 25 10:19:27 MST 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Joshua Wehner wrote:

>> Have you installed the hfsutils package? You might try using hmount
>> to mount the directory, hdir to look at it and humount to umount the
>> directory. (Those commands don't act like "normal" mount and umount
>> commands.)
>
> The hfsutils seem to be installed. I can hmount it, but nothing shows
> on an ls. That's a little weird, but I guess I don't know that
> hfsutils is supposed to be able to read the drive... ?

To expand on that a little, here's what I have:

[root at MarComm mnt]# mkdir /mnt/mac1
[root at MarComm mnt]# hmount /dev/hdb6 /mnt/mac1
Volume name is "Mac OS 9"
Volume was created on Thu Feb 24 13:56:26 2005
Volume was last modified on Fri Feb 25 11:09:28 2005
Volume has 1503321088 bytes free
[root at MarComm mnt]# cd /mnt/mac1
[root at MarComm mac1]# ls
[root at MarComm mac1]# ls -la
total 8
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Feb 25 11:13 .
drwxr-xr-x  5 root root 4096 Feb 25 11:13 ..
[root at MarComm mac1]#

The Volume name is indeed "Mac OS 9", so that's right. I'm not sure why
I can't see anything there, though? Could that be the source of MOL's
problems?

-- joshua