asking for mic/line-in support

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 18:16:05 MST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:18:54 -0500, Henry A. Leinhos <henry at leinhos.com> wrote:
> I've been having a tough time getting mol to work with Mac OS 9 (it
> seems that the focus has gone to OS X).  I got the sheep_net driver
> compiled (using the latest code), but the tun interface won't compile
> anymore (something about using the linux driver instead).  I got to the
> happy mac icon, but then the whole machine slows to a crawl  (and it
> never finishes booting into MacOS).

Are most of the people having trouble with networking all using
gentoo? You didn't say which kernel you're using, but Joshua said
2.6.10 and though he didn't explicitly say gentoo he said "emerge mol"
which is a dead giveaway!

As I said I'm using Debian but I know one issue is that the mol
drivers are closely matched to the kernel. I've updated the kernel and
mol a few times, but lately the updates have been to 2.6.8 -- I'm
running what Debian calls 2.6.8+9 and I see there's a pending update
to 2.6.8+11 in the Debian packages.

So one question I would have (this is coming from someone who barely
knows what he is talking about <grin>) -- are the mol drivers the
right version for your kernel? Alternatively, is it possible to roll
back to a 2.6.8 kernel? I don't really know how the version numbers
work so I will admit it's possible the distros treat the numbers
differently. Maybe my 2.6.8+11 is your 2.6.11 and maybe mine may break
if I update...?