Problems with Airport

Mark Jaffe yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 5 13:30:03 2002

On 4/4/02 7:50 PM, "David Cairns" <dcairns@macoutfitters.com> wrote:

> This has probably ben discussed before, but I am trying to connect to the
> internet via my Airport Base Station's internal 56k modem.  I followed the
> tutorial provided on yellowdoglinux.com, but I am still unable to recognize
> the modem wirelessly.  I am using a G4 400 tower and the older airport base
> station (with YDL v.2.0).  It would be great if I could get connected to the
> internet so that I could update some of this stuff and learn some more
> without having to use our laptop at the same time...
>
> -hytmal

This has been discussed before and never properly resolved. I also have a
1st-gen Airport Base station which uses the internal modem rather than
broadband. Under both Mac OS 9 and X it provides flawless connection, giving
DHCP addresses to both an 8500 connected via Ethernet cable, and to an iBook
with AirPort card and a 1400 with Farallon SkyLine card. When I had my YDL
box in the home office, it was able to obtain a DHCP address from the
ethernet connector but that connection NEVER worked. It was unable to see
the internet and was unseen on the internal LAN.

Mark
Mark Jaffe              | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard            | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards        | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards44@earthlink.net | http://www. c-wizards.com/