YDL 2.2 and Wallstreet PB G3

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 8 14:56:07 2002

I am having a little trouble with a YDL 2.2 install on a 300 MHz G3 Powerbook.

The install goes okay, and the system boots into a text console, but
I get fatal headers when trying to start X windows.  I'm using the
2.4 kernel, and BootX with the following video commands on startup:
video=atyfb:vmode:14,cmode:16  (BTW - the YDL install instructions
that came with the CD have a different command for the Wall street,
which results in a screen split into four sections....)

This same system worked fine with YDL 2.1, although I was used the
2.2 kernel for that.

Anyone else having similar problems?

bob