Is anyone else having kernel problems?

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 8 17:10:02 2002

>I've been having real problems with kernels lately - so much so that
>I yhink it needs to be flagged for users.  Specifically, for late
>2.4.17 thru 2.4.19 kernels:
>
>- a number of the 2.4.19pre kernels fail to build
>- several, including benh versions have been unstable
>- a couple failed to boot
I have similar hardware to yours (9500 with PowerLogix card) and
while every 2.4.19 kernel built for me, the first one to boot without
dropping into the mon debugger was yesterday, a -pre6 kernel.

I've been using source.mvista.com (mirror of linuxppc_2_4 bk tree). I
was about to switch over to the benh tree to get it to boot but in
the end didn't have to.

HTH

    Stefan Jeglinski