Convince me that Yellowdog is the Linux for me!

Kimball Larsen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 9 14:20:01 2002

Yes, comparing apples to apples would be a good thing for me to do:
When I speak of responsiveness, I particularly  mean the following:

Menu speed
Window dragging
Application Launch
3D anything (open GL etc.)

With KDE, all of the above are much faster than with OS X.  Perhaps on
my particular hardware there is a greater difference between the two
because OS X does not support Open GL at all for my video card.
Consequently, playing Quicktime movies, (or really any media at all) and
interacting with the gui widgets was very very sluggish in OS X.  KDE
under 2.2 is lightning quick in comparison.

-Kimball