YDL 2.2 install on Pb3400c failure during partitioning

Henrik Farre yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 10 09:52:01 2002

Yello

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:05:26 -0400
Jeff Brendle <bli@psu.edu> wrote:

> Howdy, folks. Was wondering if anyone could shed light on a problem
> that I am having with the YDL text installer on this old Pb3400c ...

Works fine here, both text and gui installer

> I follow the dual-boot/one-drive install steps to create the 2nd
> partition HFS boot partition w/ MacOS9 using drive setup, install the
> BootX bits, and then start to install from the text install program
> on reboot to the "free" space ... assign the sizes for bootloader and
> swap slices and then the ext2 partition for linux and then as the
> program begins to set up these filesystems., I run into a problem
> Unfortunately, as it is working on doing the 2nd or 3rd slice, the
> program terminates abnormally, quitting the filesystem preparations

While formating or partitioning?

--
Mvh. / Kind regards
Henrik Farre < enrique AT obel DOT auc DOT dk >