YDL upgrade using apt-get

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 10 15:30:01 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 04:17:23PM -0400, Romeyn Prescott wrote:
> >Well, that's just brilliant.  yup tells me I have dependency problems
> >and refuses to download the packages, let alone install them, even
> >with the --ignore-deps option.  I am now hand-FTPing the packages from
> >ftp.yellowdoglinux.com and will try to install them that way, then
> >finish the apt-get.
> >
> >You know, I don't have problems like this with Debian, and that's
> >not a commercial distro.
> >

> I've tried everything mentioned here since last night and the whole
> apt-get thing just won't work.  I'm really close to just zarching the
> whole damned 2.1 install and starting from scratch with 2.2.

I FTPed the packages and tried to install them manually with rpm.  I
am _still_ getting checksum errors.  It appears the Yellow Dog
archives are corrupt, both the main one and the mirror sites, at least
for the packages mentioned.

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@ludism.org & rwhe@apocalypse.org
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,