Install YDL 2.2 on two 1GB discs, Space needed for different parts of the file system?

Marten Sorliden yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 14 05:56:01 2002

Hello,

I have had the same problem with "Errors running transaction set!" as
some others on this list.

The main solution seem to be to use a bigger disc. But there might be
a way to mount the partitions with "better" mount points.

I have create the following partions for my two 1GB discs:

/dev/sda2	bootloader	hfs	10MB
/dev/sda3	swap		swap	256MB
/dev/sda4	?		ext2	768MB
/dev/sdc2	/		ext2	1031MB

I have mounted "/dev/sda4" as "/home" and "/etc" but always end up
with "Errors running transaction set!".

Does anyone know how much space is needed for different parts of the
file system in YDL 2.2?
   For the different pre-defined package installation groups?

It seems like all rpms are copied to "/tmp" at installation. (Why?)
How big does it has to be at installation?

Regards
   Morten