Mac OS X won't boot anymore

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 14 15:03:00 2002

I've had a similar experience after installing YDL 2.2 on a multiboot
system with OS9 and OSX already on separate partitions on the same
drive.  I fixed it by booting off the OSX CD and entering the OSX
install routine.  I was able to rescue the OSX partition without loss
of existing non-OS files.  Apparently, YDL should be installed first
in these situations - taking care to observe the requirements about
where the other OSes must eventually go on the drive (i.e., OSX must
be in the first 8 GB....)