HD crashes during cron jobs?

Åke Svensson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 15 02:39:01 2002

hi guys!

On my PPC 7600 YDL 2.0, kernel 2.4.17, my hardisk crashes always during
cronjobs. So far as I can tell it's during cron.daily and the slocate job
(updatedb). updatedb works ok from the command line without options.

I updated crontabs to the YDL 2.2 version crontabs-1.10-1 but it crashed the
filesystem on the first run.

What more can I update? Like anacron, tmpwatch or what?
Can I modify the slocate job? It's run like this in cron.daily:
/usr/bin/updatedb -f "nfs,smbfs,ncpfs,proc,devpts" -e
"/tmp,/var/tmp,/usr/tmp,/afs,/net")

For the moment I've disabled the updatedb job in cron.daily.

Grateful for any advice!

Ake Svensson