HD crashes during cron jobs?

Iain Stevenson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 15 03:11:01 2002

Hi Ake,

You're definitely suffering the same problems I've had with the kernel and=20
a few applications.  I tried 2.4.19pre6 this weekend - that lasted almost a =

day before crashing after cron.daily and corrupting 2 filesystems ;-(  ..=20
and that is with the latest cron, makewhatis etc.

I can't use 2.4.17 (bug in the RAID driver) so I'm currently trying=20
2.4.18-pre8.  Oh for a return to the days of kernel stability.

  Iain

--On Monday, April 15, 2002 10:35 am +0200 =C5ke Svensson=20