Minimum Hardware Reqs for YDL 2.x ?

Urs Hochstrasser yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 15 04:17:01 2002

Hi,

I skimmed the YDL documentation but couldn't find the follwing
information. Perhaps someone can fill me in:

- Minimimum hard disk space (I saw 2G+ somewhere, but is it valid?
   YDL 1.2 barely needed 1G with a full install)
- Minimum RAM: are 40M enough for installation? The ramdisk image
   already needs 16M
- Is the 2G partition size limit still valid for ext2 filesystems?

Background: I am trying to install YDL on a Nubus PowerMac (there
is a 2.4.6pre3 mach kernel since last year). I tried this:
- Install YDL 1.0 with patched BootX (I only had the 1.0 and 2.x CDs):
   WORKED (is there a way to upgrade from this conf?)
- Install YDL 2.1 with patched BootX: HANGS when supposed to boot from
   ramdisk img (too big?)
- Install YDL 2.0 with MkLinux booter (used 2.0 because there was a
   kernel-ramdisk combo available). HANGS somewhere in the package
   installation, even Base Install. I tried 1.5 and 3G partitions.

I would appreciate any pointer in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Cheers
--Urs
Urs Hochstrasser         hochstrasser@cyberlink.ch
Cyberlink Internet Services AG,    CH-8002 Zuerich
               http://www.cyberlink.ch