What happened?

Nathan Weil yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 16 15:48:00 2002

--B_3101813263_49757

OK, so I had a perfectly good, working version of YDL-2.1.  Had Ximian,
Gnome, MOL, everything I wanted working great.  Even had my HD working
correctly, with hdparm.  Also changed file systems from ext2 to ext3, after
using yup to upgrade everything, including yaboot to 1.3.6.  Now, I had
rebooted several times, playing with hdparm, and everything was fine.
Today, took my iBook to school, and went to boot it, and it wouldn=B9t boot.
Now, somehow yaboot 1.3.4 was back, and didn=B9t recognize the ext3
filesystem.  I also couldn=B9t get the 2.2 installer to just upgrade yaboot.
How do I get back into YDL without re-installing everything?  I know I had
yaboot 1.3.6, because the converter wont even run unless 1.3.6 is installed=
.
TIA!

Nathan

--B_3101813263_49757

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>What happened?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">OK, so I had a perfectly good, working version of YDL-=
2.1. &nbsp;Had Ximian, Gnome, MOL, everything I wanted working great. &nbsp;=
Even had my HD working correctly, with hdparm. &nbsp;Also changed file syste=
ms from ext2 to ext3, after using yup to upgrade everything, including yaboo=
t to 1.3.6. &nbsp;Now, I had rebooted several times, playing with hdparm, an=
d everything was fine. &nbsp;Today, took my iBook to school, and went to boo=
t it, and it wouldn&#8217;t boot. &nbsp;Now, somehow yaboot 1.3.4 was back, =
and didn&#8217;t recognize the ext3 filesystem. &nbsp;I also couldn&#8217;t =
get the 2.2 installer to just upgrade yaboot. &nbsp;How do I get back into Y=
DL without re-installing everything? &nbsp;I know I had yaboot 1.3.6, becaus=
e the converter wont even run unless 1.3.6 is installed. &nbsp;TIA!<BR>
<BR>
Nathan</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>