Install fails at bootloader. Anyone figured it out?

Vick Griffin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 16 17:56:01 2002

Hey Forrest!

How're things on the Left Coast?  This is Vick Griffin from FBC Wilmington,
and I think I've got your answer.  The engineer's notes in YDL 2.2 mention
that there's a problem with YDL 2.2 recognizing cd-rw drives.  If your
dualie has one, then try this (and even if it doesn't!)...

When you boot with the install disc hit TAB at start to halt the install
process, then type: install-gui hdc=ide-scsi <ENTER>

That should fix your problem.  I had the exact same problem (same error
log), and found this solution.  I don't know about the master/slave deal,
but just to be on the safe side, I switched the settings on my two drives.
I now have 9.2.2, 10.1.3, and YDL 2.2 between two drives!

Good luck!  Any questions, you can reach me at vickgriffin@mac.com