Problems with YDL 2.2 Network Configuration

Jeff Abraham yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 15:26:00 2002

I installed YDL 2.2 on a Beige G3 (OS 9.2.1 only, no
OS X) and everything went great.

My only problem is that I can't get my Mac on the
network. I have 2 Ethernet cards installed (built-in
and a 10/100 Asante PCI card). When I run "setup" from
the command-prompt or Network Configuration, I can
configure a static IP address on both cards. Sometimes
I get an error message during the configuration,
though.

I also have a Linksys 4-port switch/NAT firewall that
also acts as a DHCP server. Setup and Network config
cannot automatically  configure DHCP in Linux. It
never finds the DHCP server/firewall.

On the YDL website, there's a post-installation how-to
about configuring the ethernet settings:

/usr/var/lib/yi/network.py [RETURN]
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop [RETURN]
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network start [RETURN]

The first statement does not work because there's no
var directory in my root usr directory.

Should I try removing the 3rd party Asante card? Any
help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Jeff Abraham