ADB mouse not working in X

Paolo Cordone yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 19 03:50:01 2002

At 22:42 +0100 on 18/4/02, Terry Kavanagh wrote:

>I know the obvious thing is to boot into text mode, but I don't know how to
>change my preference from graphical to text!

The easiest way I know of doing it is:

1) Log in as root first;
2) press Alt-F2 and type xconfigurator
3) You should get a window informing you of the location of your
video card. Press OK
4) Select the monitor type from the next 2 windows
5) Set your preferred resolution
6) Number of colours
7) Select whether you want acceleration to be active
8) And...this is what you want: switch between text or graphical login method!

I'm sure there are geekier ways of achieving this, but I'm a Linux
newbie, so I try to go for the easiest and most user-friendly ;-)

Paolo
--
Paolo G. Cordone
Dublin, Ireland