RAID setup under LDL 2.1 (Iain Stevenson)

T.J. Sullivan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 19 08:01:01 2002

Hi Ian,
    I did set the system type to RAID autodetect. I set my raid tab to the one you see. used mkraid to
creat the md0 and md1. I then used mke2fs. Set the mount points into my fstab. but it still c#@ps out
during the boot. Would I still have to use a command line option to get it to go. Like I had said in my
original note, I had turned All the related RAID stuff I could find when I compiled my kernel. This did
not work with the standard kernel either. Thoughts? TIA

Regards,
TJ Sullivan
Sonalysts, Inc.

Disk /dev/sdb: 64 heads, 32 sectors, 17366 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sdb1             1      8683   8891391+  fd  Linux raid autodetect
/dev/sdb2          8684     17366   8891392   fd  Linux raid autodetect

Disk /dev/sdc: 64 heads, 32 sectors, 17366 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sdc1             1      8683   8891376   fd  Linux raid autodetect
/dev/sdc2          8684     17366   8891392   fd  Linux raid autodetect

Command (m for help): q

RAIDTAB

raiddev /dev/md0
        raid-level      1