Modem Troubles

Jerry S. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 21 13:26:01 2002

Hello Adam,

  Atcually has more to do with routing (specifically your default
  route) than DNS.  Your etc/resolv.conf should have Earthlink's DNS
  servers listed, or caching nameserver that is connected to the
  internet somehow.

  As for the routing, make sure you DON'T have a "default route"
  listed in any of your netconfig files /etc/sysconfig/network and
  /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-???? files.  When your modem
  connects to Earthlink then, it should set the default route and you
  should be all set then.

  jer