YDL virtual machine?

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 21 16:36:01 2002

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Jay Savage wrote:
>Unfortunately, I'm committed to an 80GB LaCie FireWire drive on the mac
>side--a problem made worse in freeing up room for YDL on my primary
>HD--and I don't have the ready at the moment to buy a second internal
>disk, or a SCSI card and external disk.

 Well, if you don't need the disk to be external, here's what I would do:

 Since very few manufacturers actually make native firewire drives (they
are usually IDE with a 1394<-->IDE bridge or sometimes SCSI), chances are
your drive is just an IDE drive in a firewire box. I'd just take the drive
out of the box and install it internally in your machine.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh