Which are the correct kernel compile options for iMac?

Aurel Wisse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 23 21:50:01 2002

More precisely: iMac Rev. B. First of all, is it CUDA
or PMU based?

And so on. I didn't know kernel compilation was so
fragile with respect to options. The iMac hung both
times (on reboot, and the second time it almost cost
me the partition).

I tried to boot into the new kernel with
hd:8,/boot/vmlinux-lean (the alias to the physical
kernel which is also in /boot. Could it be that:
1) I have to call the kernel vmlinux?
2) Do I have to put it in the yaboot.conf file with an
option and run ybin?
Or is it just the compilation options?

I would like to try one of the default configs that
came with the YDL 2.2 CD i order to remove options one
by one until it doesn't work anymore. Which one
applies to the iMac Rev. B:
kernel-2.4.18-ppc.config,
kernel-2.4.18-ppc-ans.config or
kernel-2.4.18-ppc-smp.config