Let's try this again: sleep on tibook

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 5 21:26:00 2002

OK, I posted something about this a month ago and I got no
answer. Let's try it one more time.

I used to have problems with system freezes on wakeup on my tibook
(rev. III). I have since upgrader to the YDL 2.3 kernel (2.4.19-4a)
and to the YDL 2.3 XFree86 (4.2.0-6.30e). Things are now better, but
still unacceptable: the system does wake up from sleep, but the
display just flickers a bit and then shuts down again (a whitish line
towards the botton of the LCD pannel and that's it, it looks exactly
like the shutdown that I experienced when I played at the very
beginning with the X settings, but of course now the cause is not a
wrong setting).

Any idea about what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.