Converting OS X AddressBook to KAddress? What is a good emailer for KDE?

Timothy A. Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 18 15:49:00 2002

At 9:53 AM -1000 8/18/02, Angela Kahealani wrote:
>Chris Ruprecht wrote:
>>
>>  Guys,
>>
>>  is there an easy way to convert my OS X Address.app address book to KDE's
>>  KAddress so I can use it with KMail?
>
>Last I knew (10.1.5) neither OSuX's Address book nor Mail
>program make any provisions for EXportation of data, and their
>file formats are industry INcompatible, i.e. Apple, now
>partially owned by Bill Gates, has MicroSoft-ized its' software...
>you can "switch" TO Macintrash, but you can't switch FROM
>Macincrash.

Apple's Mail program keeps mail in mbox format, understood by
countless other programs.  (It has indexes and other info in some
custom format, but the actual mail is kept in bog standard mbox
files.)

As for Address Book, the 10.2 version has learned how to export in
vcard format.  This may not help somebody with the 10.1 version (like
the original poster), but tends to indicate that Apple felt the 10.1
version was lacking in that department.

>Copyright 2002 Angela Kahealani. All Rights Reserved Without
>Prejudice, UCC 1-207. All information and transactions are
>private between the parties and are non negotiable. http://www.kahealani.com/

Ah -- a so-called psychic branching out to offer BS advice on
computer topics too.  Brilliant.  Why don't you stick to the woo-woo?
--
Tim Seufert