Converting OS X AddressBook to KAddress? What is a goodemailer for KDE?

Angela Kahealani yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 19 02:00:01 2002

"Timothy A. Seufert" wrote:

> At 9:53 AM -1000 8/18/02, Angela Kahealani wrote:
> >Chris Ruprecht wrote:
> >>
> >>  Guys,
> >>
> >>  is there an easy way to convert my OS X Address.app address book to KDE's
> >>  KAddress so I can use it with KMail?
> >
> >Last I knew (10.1.5) neither OSuX's Address book nor Mail
> >program make any provisions for EXportation of data, and their
> >file formats are industry INcompatible, i.e. Apple, now
> >partially owned by Bill Gates, has MicroSoft-ized its' software...
> >you can "switch" TO Macintrash, but you can't switch FROM
> >Macincrash.
>
> Apple's Mail program keeps mail in mbox format, understood by
> countless other programs.  (It has indexes and other info in some
> custom format, but the actual mail is kept in bog standard mbox
> files.)

...and it splits the contents of "a mailbox" into several files,
yes each in mbox format, but what Apple's Mail displays as
"a mailbox", to be exported, has to be reconstructed from
several files...
multiply that by the number of "mailboxes" you have.

> As for Address Book, the 10.2 version has learned how to export in
> vcard format.  This may not help somebody with the 10.1 version (like
> the original poster), but tends to indicate that Apple felt the 10.1
> version was lacking in that department.

10.1.5 only exported ONE vcard at a time,
not the same as exporting "the addressbook".
Does 10.2 version of Address Book export
the entire addressbook as a set of vcards?
or is it still limited to exporting manually tediously
one vcard at a time?

> Ah -- a so-called psychic branching out to offer BS advice on
> computer topics too.  Brilliant.  Why don't you stick to the woo-woo?
> --
> Tim Seufert

Stick to an on-topic discussion of the facts,
i.e. discuss the message,
rather than assasinating the messenger.

--
Copyright 2002 Angela Kahealani. All Rights Reserved Without
Prejudice, UCC 1-207. All information and transactions are