Two questions for those who installed YDL 2.3

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 4 23:59:01 2002

On Thu Jul 4 2002, Daniel wrote:

> > It works fine on my flatpanel-iMac with the GeForce MX2 card.
>
> Anybody tried it with QuickSilver G4? As I know video card on QS and iMac
> are slightly different, am I right?

Hi Daniel,

It should work fine with GeForce2 MX (and possibly also GeForce3).
I don't believe the support is there yet for the GeForce4, so it
depends on what video card you ordered with your G4.  I have several
867 MHz G4s at work with GeForce2 MX graphics cards, and they all
work fine including 2D accelerated X using the "nv" X driver.

See:

    http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/nvidia.shtml

for all the gory details on setting this up.

						-Regards

						-Bill