install fails: cannot partition

Kevin Paul yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 10 19:55:01 2002

Greetings.  Trying w/o success to install YDL 2.2 on a beige G3 on a 2nd
HD.  I\'ve tried to partition 2 different drives and both failed with:

error: Error: msdos disk labels do not support partition names

file \"/usr/lib/yi/parteditor.py,\" line 175, in Main type =
part.get_name()

file \"/usr/lib/yi/parteditor.py,\" line 69, in configure self.Main(face,
drive)

file \"/usr/lib/yi/template.py,\" line 57 in _ _call_ _ return
self.configure (args)

I also tried partitioning the drives on a pc linux box, but then my Mac
wouldn\'t even boot.  Any help is appreciated.

--
Kevin Paul
UNM Theatre & Dance