install fails: cannot partition

John Roche yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 11 06:10:01 2002

on 7/10/02 9:56 PM, Kevin Paul at kpaul@unm.edu wrote:

> Greetings.  Trying w/o success to install YDL 2.2 on a beige G3 on a 2nd
> HD.  I\'ve tried to partition 2 different drives and both failed with:

I'm a newbie so i can't exactly be of any real help except to say i had no
problems of this kind on my beige g3/300 desktop. However my second drive is
a master on the second bus (cd is slave). I seem to recall the drive needs
to be a master and not slave. I had no problems with partitioning w/ either
YDL 2.2 or 2.3 (lots of other issues like sound, extreme slowness of KDE 3,
etc)

john