Sleep problems on TiBook rev. III

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 11 10:49:01 2002

Hi all.

So I eventually managed to install YDL 2.2 on my TiBook revision
III. OK, X still needs `Option "UseFBDev",' but it does run in
1280x854 with depth 24, yay.

Anyway, here is my main problem: The machine does not sleep well--or I
should say it sleeps too well. ;-) It goes to sleep apparently fine
(pmud induced, closing the lid, issuing `snooze,' it does not make any
difference). When I try to wake it up though, it simply doesn't. Not
only the display is dead, but the whole machine will not respond to
anything (including logging in remotely, case in which not even the
connexion can be established), the only way to get its attention is
the three-finger salute (i.e., control-command-power :-) ).

I suspect thus that either the hard disk or the processor (or both)
fail to wake up at all, but I could find no solution to the
problem. This behaviour is very inconvenient for me, as I tend to
wander around a lot and carry my computer along; booting each time I
go for coffee is no fun at all. Did anybody happen to have figured out
the power management on rev. III TiBooks?

Anyway, any help is indeed much appreciated. Here are (hopefully all)
the relevant parts of my configuration (please let me know if I miss
anything of importance):

* kernel 2.4.19-pre10_B0b
  (gotten from ftp://ppc.linux.or.jp/pub/users/fukui/, claimed to come
  from benh's rsync tree)

* dev-3.2-5b

* @(#)$Id: pmud.c,v 1.1.1.1 2001/12/07 11:31:46 sleemburg Exp $

Many thanks in advance,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.