Massive problems with YDL 2.3

Jeremy Mann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 12 12:40:01 2002

I hope I am not the only one with problems installing 2.3. The major things:

1. X configuration will not work because after I select my monitor the
installer says "Cannot get permissions as root. Cannot save configuration
files. Please try again."

2. During a reboot and loading of YDL 2.3, system jumps immediately into
INIT 1 and gives page after page of errors regarding rc.sysvinit.

I had many more errors but I can fix them easily if I could get the thing
to run correctly. I have tried 3 times to install from CD and all three
times I get the same errors. So what do you think is the matter?

If it matters, my system:

Dual 1 Ghz G4 Mac
ATI Radeon 7500
Superdrive