yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #330 - 14 msgs

Robert Jones yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 27 14:55:01 2002

David,

Have you looked at the HOW-TO page at "How to configure a usb local
printer"? I believe I had the same problem you have and the key for me
was the command "chmod 777 /dev/usb/lp0". I know nothing about Linux and
could not get my usb modem, printer,or sound to work. I followed the
above noted How-To and now my printer works.

If you have an external usb modem and you have it working, I would
appreciate knowing how to do that. Also the sound. I have a 500MHz G4
and a ZOOM 56K usb modem.

Thanks,
Bob Jones
rkjone@erols.com