UMAX C600 and C500 and Sonnet G3 upgrades

Robert Barrimond yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jul 28 18:55:00 2002

I have G3 L2 upgrades for both these machines.  I've
tried both 2.2 and 2.4 kernel which simply bomb when I
try to boot the machines with the G3 upgrades turned
on, the kernel either hangs (2.2) or changes has the
screen go dark and hangs (2.4).  As far as I know, the
powerlogix G3/G4 software profiler and the sonnet
extension load successfull and the L2CR info is passed
to BootX.

Basic setup:

UMAX C600
144 MB RAM
4.3 GB SCSI drive for booting OS 9 and Linux
40 GB IDE for file storage, etc
ATI Xclaim VR 8MB video card
sonnet G3 400 MHz G3/512K cache
Realtek 10/100 Ethernet card
Generic FireWire/USB card

Using the old 603e process works.  Just the G# blows
up.