why not OS X?[II] or I love linux...

John Nelson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 4 23:56:00 2002

Microsoft's view of the Universe is a herd of food animals with
disposable income (aka Grandmothers who want to talk to their children
or web surfers looking for entertainment).

All of the Mac OS X and Linux users I know are more than "users" and
often have serious needs for their machines.  These are often
developers, designers, researchers and corporate users who have no
tolerance for crap, even in user mode.

I view Microsoft OS's and applications as necessary evils when the same
functionality is unavailable anywhere else.  If Quickbooks, Turbo Tax
and many of the specific business and financial packages I necessarily
use or subscribe to were available on Linux I wouldn't own any Microsoft
operating systems.

Even so, I design and develop under Linux, not Microsoft.

-- John