Kernal panic: linux-benh-devel-2.4.19-pre10-ben0

wmkruse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 12 13:52:01 2002

I am a relatively newbie to Linux, so I apologies in advance if I have
made a brain fart.

After downloading from ppckernel.org I have tried installing
linux-benh-devel-2.4.19-pre10-ben0 on my iBook 600MHz ATI Radeon
Mobility, YDL 2.1.  After going through the instructions on...

http://www.ibooklinux.net/plain_page.php?caller=ibooklinux.php3+record=85

and rebooting for the first time, I got...

Kernal panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:09
<0>Rebooting in 180 seconds..

On reboot the same happened and had to revert to the default kernel.

Can any one decipher what I might have done wrong?  Perhaps, I need to
try another kernel?

Tony

Hardware: iBook, model #M8600LL/A, 600MHz, ATI Radeon Mobility, YDL 2.1