mounting devices with YDL 2.2

R Shapiro yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 13 12:47:01 2002

John Klinck writes:
 >    I have an Iomega predator CD-RW (firewire), a bullet drive (pcmcia) disk
 > and an external usb disk. All of these work with mac OS 9. I was hoping that
 > they would work (be mountable) with YDL2.2.

I don't know about the pcmcia device, but the other two work ok,
assuming the kernel was built with the relevant support.

 >   I had the most hope for the CD-RW, given the howto's that I
 > found. cdrecord -scanbus says no scsi devices found. Following the YD
 > Solutions on firewire disks, I loaded the ohci1394, ohci1294 and sbp2
 > drivers.

You should be loading ieee1394, ohci1394, raw1394 and sbp2.  The
recommendation I've seen here is to include a sleep:

    modprobe ieee1394
    modprobe ohci1394
    sleep 2
    modprobe raw1394
    modprobe sbp2

You may need to disconnect and reconnect the drive if it wasn't on
when you booted.

 >    I will worry later about the usb disk.

Should work fine.  I can get at disks in a usb zip drive via /dev/sda.
I compiled a kernel with usb mass-storage support inline.

--
rshapiro@bbn.com