deleted kppp.pid- now no web access...

C.L. Simco yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 16 19:03:00 2002

Hi and TIA

After dropping call waiting from my dial-up phone service
I removed the *70 prefix from the dialup # on all my computers.
I run YDL 2.1 /Mac OS 9.1 dual boot on a B+W G3 300, 56k modem
also Redhat 7/Win 98 dual boot PC. THEN I could not connect to
the net at all on either computer (in YDL or RH).

On the YDL installation I got an error message similar to:
"Kppp cannot connect. Delete kppp.pid file located at
/root/.kde/share/apps/kppp/kppp.pid."

I did this and now yellow dog gives me crashes in modem setup,
and any attempt to connect to the net fail, EXCEPT when testing
the modem connection ( tests fine, good connect but will not disconnect)

I got no such error in Redhat 7, (just wouldn't connect) but I solved
the problem using LinuxConf (on the PC).

Where is LinuxConf in YDL? Or, is it named something else?
Is there an easy way to replace the kppp.pid file with the correct info?

How do I do it? Do I use the YDL rescue disk, and how?

Thank you again........

C.L.