Galeon install problems

Kimball Larsen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 17 11:16:01 2002

I installed yellowdog 2.2 over the weekend on a new hard drive for my lap=
top -=20
did the minimal install, and then have been apt-getting everything that I=
=20
use.. I feel like all of the pre-packaged install setups that the install=
er=20
offers just puts too much stuff on the system.. I only need a few things:=
 =20
kde3, apache, php, mysql, a good editor, galeon, and xmms.

Most everything is working just great, but I have 2 issues:  xmms only pl=
ays=20
static (using the arts driver) though kde3 plays sounds just=20
fine(startup/login sound, sound effects on stuff as I work in it etc..)

Galeon gives this warning when I try to run it:
** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Failed to contact configuration server (a likely cause of this is that =
you=20
have an existing configuration server (gconfd) running, but it isn't=20
reachable from here - if you're logged in from two machines at once, you =
may=20
need to enable TCP networking for ORBit)

GConf is installed though...

any ideas on either dilemma?

Thanks!

-Kimball