Install Woes

Marc Stergionis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 20 14:13:01 2002

At sometime around 3:36 PM -0400 on 6/20/02, Cynthia Croy wrote thus:
>I'm so sorry - I totally misunderstood your question. 750Mb should
>be plenty - I installed BootX on 200Mb with OS 7.5.3. I would then
>concur with those who suggested you download it. I purchased my YDL
>directly from TerraSoft because I don't have a CD burner, so I
>didn't have to worry about functioning ISO images. Are you
>downloading the image because you want to make sure it works before
>you pay for it?

YellowDog, and LInux in general, are free downloads (GNU license and
all that), you don't (have to) pay for them no matter how long you're
running them. It's not shareware. Of course buying YDL disks (which
I've also done) eliminates some hassle and maybe some frutstration,
plus supports the effort. And TerraSoft in particular is the only
Linux distro that I know of that's Mac only, why I like them.

>  You may wish to inquire of others if they have a PowerCenter with
>functioning YDL.

Could also search the mailing-list archives for the term powercenter ...

>  I admit this was a point of some anxiety for me - since the
>PowerBase isn't supported, I would have thrown away my $40 if it
>didn't work. I found testimony of YDL working on the PowerBase
>before I bought, but some anxiety lingered. Of course mine is only
>partially functional - I haven't figured out how to make it print
>yet. It's *supposed* to work

That's what this list is for ... of course I would love to help you
get your printer to work, but I probably wouldn't know how to either.
But there are lots of other listees who do -- if you ask ...

:)

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis