Booting YDL 2.1 on B&W G3 Problems

Jeffrey Bruton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 28 07:54:01 2002

One more time, not in HTML either (sorry about that)

I am having problems getting my machine to boot YDL 2.1, which I
installed from the CD. Everything went fine, but booting from the HD is
the problem.

I have a B&W G3, rev 1 with a drive jumpered as slave connected to a
sonnet tempo PCI controller card. I have read the HOWTO-Booting with
Yaboot on PowerPC - Recovering From Misconfiguration. From that I
decided to try this at OF

boot ide1:7,yaboot

I get the this message

method <load> not found; ihandle=3Dff9cf500  phandle=3Dff874890
load-sixe=3D0  adler32=3D1

LOAD-SIZE is too small

I don't know what that means. The following is a summary of my output
from entering devalias at the OF prompt

ide0    /pci/@d/mac-io/ata-3@20000
ide1    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0
hd    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk0
ultra0    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk0
ultra1    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk1

I have only included HD related output. I really want to get YDL
running, and then upgrade to 2.3. If someone can help I would really
appreciate it.